> I would like to submit that the "User Agreement" is a masterful piece of
> deception.  It's like a "gotcha".  A net for fish.
>
> YOUR CAT can have an accout with egold.com.  YOUR CAT can have FUNDS in
> "its" account .. YOUR CAT needs a notarized proof of identity tho', to get
> it out, if DDU comes down on "it".

No, your cat cannot be an authorized user for the purpose of doing
OutExchanges through OmniPay for one million dollars. The contact
information IN the account must match the person trying to take possession
of money used when selling the e-gold through OmniPay.

> Since egold.com is so identity oriented (only on LARGE account balances)
> WHY don't they just REQUIRE it right up front ?  Why wait until they can
> hold someones account RANSOM ?  Would they "inherit" the account funds if
> the REAL owner did NOT show up ?

It's an OutExchange issue, through OmniPay -- not a requirement for owning
an e-gold account, and it's also an issue of liability. If the amount is
relatively small, and OmniPay is held responsible for selling someone's

e-gold without checking their identify, then the value of the e-gold is what
matters. The loss of one million dollars might seriously affect their
operation, whereas the loss of smaller amounts would not. Checking the
identity of someone trying to sell a large amount of e-gold is prudent,
where a smaller amount, if lost through negligence, would not be so
catastrophic.

> Would there be some kind of "default" measure already in place ?

I am not G&SR and I haven't spoken to them in 6 months about any matter, so
I am just speaking from what I think to be a logical position. Everything
I've said is my own interpretation of the issue. Having said this, it would
not surprise me if the e-gold sits in dispute until Costa Gold forces the
issue through court, or by honoring G&SR's requests. To send one million
dollars to anyone, without asking for identity from the person making the
request, could be considered negligence.

Craig