Lots of people have responded to my question and I feel that it is not really
necessary to drag this out.  I was sort of looking to see if there were more
people who had problems after building the K3 but due to flaws in individual
component boards due to the fact that an integrated K3 could not be tested
prior to shipment as a kit.  This kind of problem was raised by two earlier
posts (I think around Friday and Saturday) and that is what prompted my
question.

But, no one came back and mentioned problems like that so I suspect that it is
not an issue and these other posts were rare events.

Yes, I am 99.9% sure I will buy a kit and not the factory built K3.  But, I was
always 99.9% sure of ordering the kit version.

phil