Building the kit will save enough money to buy a couple of INRAD filters.
It is a pleasant experience and the builder will be able to dig into the rig
and exchange boards, that is valuable for me in case of trouble, it is less
costly and faster to order a replacement board than to ship the whole box
back to the factory, especially in my case living outside the USA.
There are no particular tricky or obscure steps and calibration was easy
done with just the XG1, dummy load and VOM. I did not use the antistatic
devices because I do not have a rug or dry air at my location. I did touch
the station ground before sitting to work.
73

Reinaldo, YV5AMH

Phil K7PEH wrote:

I would like to see more comments from K3 kit builders to counter these
points being made here.

I am also planning on getting the K3 and there is only one thing that is
holding up my order right now and that is trying to figure out when I can
spend the time to put it together.  But, I am also a little bit wondering if
the cost differential of kit versus factory built is worth the learning
experience
when you contrast that with the hassles of potential problems.

If the kit cost versus factory built cost were different by a wider margin
it would
be an easier decision.

phil, K7PEH