From: elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net
[mailto:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of Ed Muns
Sent: Sunday, December 20, 2009 7:57 PM
To: 'Phil Hystad'
Cc: 'Elecraft Reflector'
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] kit building or buy ready for use

Hi, Phil.  The vast majority of K3 kits are assembled with no problems.
K6LL's experience is rare.  I personally value the kit building experience
more than Dave indicated.  OTOH, I can also see the comfort in the integrity
of a factory-built/tested K3.  So, it really comes down to each individual's
preferences and what they each value as most important.  There is not a
single right answer for everyone.

The point that Dave and I are making is that saving some cost on the kit is
not the only consideration.  The value of the factory-built K3s is not just
the assembly time and labor but also the system testing.

Ed - W0YK
Ed Muns
Muns Vineyard - www.munsvineyard.com
FaceBook - www.facebook.com/munsvineyard