On Tue, Sep 8, 2020 at 8:16 PM Bruce Kellett <bhkellet...@gmail.com> wrote:

> *A perfectly reasonable answer to the question asked the night before
> duplication is: "I won't be in a room tomorrow morning, because when I am
> duplicated with 100 continuers, I cease to exist *

Suppose There were no duplication would you also cease to exist?  I think
the Bruce Kellett of yesterday still exists because somebody today
remembers being him, if there is more than 1 all the better.

> *and each of the continuers becomes a new, separate person.*

None of the identical copies becomes separate people until one of them sees
something the others do not, because after that they are no longer identical

> This is because there is a tie among the continuers, with no closest
> continuer. In that situation, the original ceases, and the continuers are
> separate persons."

Nobody remembers every little thing they did, said or saw the day before, I
hate to tell you this but I secretly made a copy of the Bruce Kellett of
yesterday that has a little bit better memory than you do so he is the
"closest continuer" not you, so I guess that means you don't exist. So
Bruce, how does it feel not to exist? Has nonexistence caused you any
problems?

*> Now you might not like this answer, *

I don't.

> but it is perfectly coherent and rational.

I don't think so.

John K Clark