On Wed, January 29 2003 8:43 am, tarvid wrote:
*snip*
> Bush chooses internationalism when it suits him.
>
> He scuttled Kyoto, ABM and the Biological weapons protocols and ignores the
> Viena and Geneva conventions.

So, you think implementing a system that protects US citizens from ICMBs is a
bad thing? Come down off your high horse.
Also, when was the last time we broke the Geneva convention? The last war was
in Desert Storm, and did we torture any of those Iraqi soldiers that
surrendered without firing a shot? No, I don't think we did. We have ALWAYS
treated enemy soldiers as well, or better, than the Geneva convention states,
EVEN when our enemies did not, such as was the case in Vietnam, where our
troops were torturted with electric shock.  I had a doctor-friend, who was a
medic back in the Vietnam war, who was captured, during a VC raid on a
hospital compound..  They beat him so severely that, to this day, he speaks
with a weak and raspy voice almost like a whisper, because his larynx was
nearly destroyed, but he is still a good doctor.
We never SIGNED kyoto, because it was nothing more than a ploy to LOOK GOOD to
ecologists.  The WORST polluting countries are the 3rd world countries with
NO environmental protection agencies, and the Kyoto treaty left them alone,
so, of course we didn't sign it.

--
Chuck Burns, Jr <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>