> I guess if you're going to look at "God" as a "personal"
> deity then your blog

(than your post?)

> makes some sense.  But you're forgetting that MMY and the
> Shankara tradition taught "God" as the impersonal.

Exactly. MMY did teach about "personal God," but much
more abstractly than the Western conception thereof,
so that the "God's will" notion was also much more
abstract. Barry's is a cartoon version.

<snip>
> "Laws of Nature" is still a pretty good secular notion to
> explain what many call "God" especially in abstract terms
> rather than some being that micromanages your life.

Yup.

I'm in agreement with everything you say in the rest
of your post, so I'm gonna snip it, but very well stated.