I guess it is simply called appreciation.....

curtisdeltablues <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: > His father had promised him a car
for his birthday.  Dad was nowhere
in sight.   His mother gave him 5.00$, yet what he had received was a
grace from God that on his birthday the sun and the birds awakened
him, the sweet smells of the divine filled the air and he knew without
a doubt that there had to be a God and that God just gave him the
greatest birthday gift ever.................

So following this weather based theology we can assume that God
absolutely hates China and dropped a huge earthquake on it's ass and
despises Burma and sent them a nasty cyclone?

It seems a little grandiose and narcissistic to me to attribute a
day's weather to God's intention to give him a bitch'n birthday while
his same power over the weather is causing untold misery and death in
other places.

The atheist can enjoy the beauty of a great day also, he just doesn't
need to imagine that a divine being is slapping him five with the
weather. This discussion reminds me of those guys who pray for victory
for their sports teams and then sing his praises if they win.  Or the
 musicians at the Grammies who thank God for their award.

Any God who would change the weather for a birthday, create a game
turning interception for a specific sports team, or meddle in the
affairs of the voting process for best female hip hop artist...while
ignoring the Guinea worm and malaria mosquito, would be the lamest God
ever imagined by man.

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Louis McKenzie  wrote:

> I once knew an atheist who believed that God was just something that
was created to control people.   He believed that the word God was
used to keep people stuck in churches and waiting for the will of God.

> Then one day his birthday something happened extra ordinary, I don't
know if it was what happened or the fact that the boy realized that it
happened but in any case. His birthday was in the month of April, in
the eastern part of the US North East it is common to have snow and
cold or rain in this time period.

> Well on this third day of April after snow had begun to clear the
rain had fallen strong for days and it was still very cold even
thought it was spring.   The boy woke up that April morning to the
most beautiful day.  The sun was shining bright  the temperature was
75 birds were singing outside his window and the smell of spring was
strong in the air.