So, we both read Sartre as teens, but I liked Camus
better.  I started reading these dudes when I was
fourteen and attending a boarding school right outside
of Paris, France.  Where were you?

On the whole, I agree with your assessment.  Like you,
Blake thought of the ego (he called it "the selfhood")
as "Satan."  "I in my very selfhood am that evil one."
 And God, for him, was the "human imagination" itself,
in its ground state, a term he did not use, but it is
everywhere implicit.  It included what you are calling
"all there is."

But there is a lot more to Satan than the ego,
because the ego, though small and  a mere fiction, is
also as large as the manifest universe in its effects
and tenacious as hell.

Like God, Satan is a term that has suffered an influx
of much silliness-- in the last three hundred years
especially.  To be a viable term, rather than denoting
the familiar figure we inherited from folk tales and
then made into something literal, Satan has to be
understood as myth in the fullest literary sense of
that term.  Myth in that sense is a necessary
organizing principle for the mind, including and
especially the collective mind (if there is to be
social cohesion), a principle which is designed to
function as a counter balance for the reasoning
intellect.  The understanding and the imagination
(working as one)  that creates such myth does so from
a vantage point which has direct apprehension of the
underlying mechanics of nature together with its laws
of form.

Obviously, such writing is not fully understood by
anyone who cannot also achieve the point of view of
the visionary who sees "the underlying   mechanics of
nature."  In addition, he must be schooled in reading
the language of myth, which is NOT to be read the same
way we read the newspaper or a scientific report, but
hardly anyone these days has the training to realize
this.

If you've been following me, then you understand that
there always has been and continues to be a tradition
of yogic praxis in the West, it just takes someone
with a little practice in Comparative Studies to see
that.  It doesn't look like what India calls such
praxis, and because it uses a different vocabulary,
folks like willietex who are fooled by appearances are
not in a position to see it.

But back to Satan.  Because our age is a
fundamentalist age, its reading of the Bible is
woefully so woefully insufficient to the demands of
reading myth that it confuses God with Satan, which is
what happens especially in the Book of Job.   At the
end of the book, what most people take to be God is
speaking about how he created the world.  Really,
however, it is Satan bragging about having done it.
I don't have time to show you, nor do you prolly have
the inclination to read my demonstration, but the
point is that Satan is more than just ego--he is also
the first impulse of consciousness that manifests the
physical universe.

This goes to the heart of the discussion of Jim's
claim that he creates what he perceives and everyone's
objection to him by telling him to do impossible
things like walk through walls and prevent the next
war. It was a hopelessly shallow discussion from my
perspective .