---assuming the C is in the slowly progressing type; he should avoid
surgery at this time even though that may seem to be the quickest fix.
Naturally, the urologist will counter my suggestions but again, take
the ALTERNATIVE route.: (disclaimer - I don't market supplements or
have any connection to the companies listed, other than being a
customer):

1. Flax hull lignans  (flax seeds are ok but this is FLAX HULL
LIGNANS. Access the Goldflaxseed.com website and check out the
testimonials, especially for cancer.

2. Laminaria Japonica - (brown seaweed harvested from the Kuril
Islands).   The parent Co. is http://www.modifilan.com or something
like that.  Again, they have numerous anti-cancer testimonials but
they recommend the distributor http://www.poseidonsharvest.com

3. Lauricidin - available from Lauricidin.com (once more, check out
the testimonials).

4.  Nano-Curcumin (a highly bioavailable type of curcumin many times
more effective than ordinary curcumin). Available from
http://www.life-enhancement.com  (numerous articles ont their
website).

5. Nano-resveratrol (same company - highly bioavailable type of
resveratrol).

#4 and #5 will set one back in the $ department.  One could always go
with "ordinary' curcumin but if one can afford it, the "nano" type is
the most advanced anti-cancer substance known to mankind (along with
nano-resveratrol) that doesn't also kill normal cells.

Due to the high cost of #4 and #5, use very sparingly, say only 1
drop alternating, every 2 hours or so.  The regularity is far more
important than the amount.

So it's a trade-off. Have surgery and suffer from the side-effects
for the rest of his life.  OR - go the alternative route and spend
some $ since no insurance co. will pay for the items.

Feel free to have him contact me if he's considering the alternative
route; but he's going the other route, "good luck". All I can say is,
big mistake.  Here's an e mail from the Modifilan Co:

Your best option to order Modifilan in retail will be to contact the
following source: Company name:    Poseidon's HarvestToll-free
phone:     800-790-8867Web site:
http://www.poseidonsharvest.com/E-mail:
sa...@poseidonsharvest.com This distributor has product in stock,
offers FREE expedited shipping in the continental US and provides
volume discount on multiple bottles orders. You can purchase
Modifilan from Poseidon's both on-line and over the phone.  With all
questions about using Modifilan, please do not hesitate to call here
directly. Again, thank you for your time and business! With kindest
regards,sergei Sergei Zimin
Pacific Standard Dist., Inc.
ph:  760-479-1460
fax: 800-741-2164
international fax: 415-963-4456
e-mail: sa...@modifilan.com

 In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "I am the eternal" <l.shad...@...>
wrote:

> I have a very close friend who has just been diagnosed with prostate
> cancer.  3 nodes of the biopsy have a Gleason Index of 7.  Otherwise
> my friend is in excellent health and recently had an Ayurvedic
consult
> at the Raj and was pretty much given a clean bill of health.  My
> friend and I are debating what to do.  My friend also lives in
Austin,