Your meta-talk sounds like scientific empiricism.

So is this how you define your music when pressed … i.e. it's
just some neurons firing? Or rather for you is it a bunch of primate
rhythms reified into "art" by cave-dwelling anthro-s?

<curtisdeltabl...@...> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "authfriend" jstein@ wrote:

<curtisdeltablues@> wrote:

> > > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "authfriend" <jstein@>
wrote:
> > > <snip>
> > >
> > > We will have to agree to disagree here. If you see
> > > Maharishi's role as an instrument of nature reviving
> > > the knowledge like Jesus or Buddha then you are at
> > > least as positive about him as I am "negative"
> >
> > You come to this conclusion, IMHO, via a big bag of
> > debating tricks designed to distort and distract
> > attention from a very straightforward comparison.
> > Anyone can see the comparison is valid simply by
> > reading what you and I say we think of Maharishi.
> >
> > I played along with your tactics for probably longer
> > than I should have, but at this point I'll just trust
> > the good sense of anybody who happens to be reading
> > the exchange to see through the obfuscation. (Or not,
> > as the case may be.)
>
> Well then well have to also agree to disagree with your excessively
negative assessment of this discussion. But after getting you to clarify
what you were actually saying about your beliefs I feel more confident
that people have more information to judge our differing points if they
chose to follow them.

> Asking a person to clarify what they mean is not a debating trick, it
is a means to come to a better understanding, which it accomplished for
me.