Emily, I feel obliged to give you fair warning.  You are likely one post
away from being on Barry's DNRL.  Just so you know.

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Emily Reyn <emilymae.reyn@...>
wrote:

> Alrighty, I tried my hand at interspersing my responses...
>

> >________________________________
Ravi Chivukula

> >--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Emily Reyn emilymae.reyn@
wrote:

> >> I'm sorry Barry. I may have this wrong...I thought I was
> >> referring to a conversation between you and Zarzari, not Vag.
> >> I can tell the difference between you and Vag
> >
> >Vaj. Short for Vajranathra, his screen name. You don't
> >seem to be aware of the fact that by referring to him as
> >'Vag' you are perpetuating derogative namecalling started
> >by people who don't like him. That's fairly clueless of
> >you IMO, especially in the context of criticizing someone
> >else for the terms *they* use to describe people.
> >**ER. Â This was a complete mistake/mistype on my part...in my
head, I was hearing the word "vague"...probably subconsciously Â
influenced by Bob's post - oh, oh, I see a diagnosis coming my way. Â
And, I totally didn't even think of what Judy mentioned, in terms of
relating the name to "vagina." Â That was a real shocker and
particularly with regard to the potential to "demean" women - not at all
my intent, of course. Â

> >> I haven't appreciated all the "psychiatric" labeling of late
> >> because it's so limiting and dismissive and disrespectful
> >> and inaccurate. Other types of labeling - alright then...
> >
> >So labels like "stupid," "liar," "malicious," etc. are
> >fine with you, just as long as no one uses terms usually
> >reserved for shrinks. "Vag" is clearly also OK. I get it.Â
> >**ER. Â Are you telling me you don't understand the difference in
implication or use? Â You are talking apples and oranges here in a
huge way. Â

> >> ...but "psychiatric" labels by armchair experts on an internet
> >> forum is a bit of a stretch, I think. I actually find the
> >> exchanges between Curtis and Robin quite interesting, but
> >> I'm acting as a voyeur only in that respect.
> >
> >Isn't "voyeur" too psychiatric a term for you to be using,
> >given what you just criticized? Just sayin'... :-)
> >** ER. Â I don't know about "voyeur" as a psychiatric term, but it
is true that almost everything on this forum has been hitting me as a
"love sonnet of giant proportions." Â But, I do often interpret
abstractly and may ignore the details and stay in my  version of the
big picture. Â Take Merudanda's poetry for example - her
communication style is really quite incredible and blows me away. Â I
really must get back to Sean Williams videos on "is it bipolar or is it
waking up." Â I'm healing, but who knows, maybe I'm Bipolar I Â or
Bipolar II or hypomanic or an NPD myself or a "sex addict" or in
menopause or in the throes of a growing brain tumor, or any number of
other things. Â Maybe I'm "normal" with more than my fair share of
"common sense." Â Maybe I'm "crazy." Â Maybe you actually have no
idea who I really "am", based on what I write here. Â I'm not in any
real rush to diagnose myself, honestly, and see no value in entertaining
some internet-based
> diagnosis either. Â It's a real buzz-kill honestly.
> >
> >> I don't experience Robin here the way he was purported to
> >> behave before he rejected his "enlightenment" and I hold out
> >> an ideal that people that are willing to explore their depths
> >> change. It doesn't mean that communication patterns or an
> >> individual communication style don't persist - that's
> >> part of the human - expressing who we are and what we believe
> >> in an always coherent way, is difficult.
> >
> >Not, in my experience, if one is coherent to start with. YMMV.
> >**ER. Â This is a ridiculous statement to make, particularly, as a
writer/editor, if that's what you do. Â You know better than that.

> >> But, those that aren't willing or able to explore or question
> >> themselves and their depths never truly change/evolve/grow,
> >> in my experience. That's O.K. too for them....but that
> >> approach won't work for me. Also, I have a pretty loose
> >> definition of "crazy" - even looser since I started on this
> >> forum. We are all a bit crazy...you too, IMO. I admit to
> >> appreciating the "craziness" and "absurdity" of life.
> >
> >What I'm questioning is the wisdom of *feeding the fantasies
> >of people who could possibly be suffering from serious mental
> >illness*. THAT is what I think has been going on here on FFL
> >with Ravi and with Robin, and for the basest of reasons.
> >IMO, a small group of rather sick people here praise these
> >two, thus feeding their narcissistic fantasies and contributing
> >to the possibility of making their condition WORSE, for no other
> >reason than that they're trying to recruit people who will "pile
> >on" and demonize the same people they live to demonize. I think
> >that's not only a little sick, but dangerous. I fear it will
> >end badly, and when it does the very people who have been
> >*encouraging* Ravi and Robin to act even crazier than they
> >normally do are going to say, "Awwww...too bad. But it wasn't
> >my fault."
> >
> >How crazy does a person have to BE before someone used to
> >craziness in the TM movement NOTICES? Would RWC have to have
> >written *twenty* thousand words trying to insult and taunt
> >Curtis into perpetuating a useless and pointless "I'm right
> >and you're wrong" argument with him before they thought it
> >was crazy? I got it after the first ten thousand words.
> >
> >Truth be told, I got it during his first couple of weeks on
> >FFL. Knowing almost nothing about him, I struggled valiantly
> >for a while to make it through the incoherent mass of self
> >obsession that he posted, wrote him off as not worth my time
> >to read, and said so. The realization that he was actually
> >crazy came later, after he started to make up things to act
> >outraged about, and started to abuse people who failed to
> >consider him important enough to argue with.
> >
> >Although I have my doubts about several other people on this
> >forum, who strike me as fairly "high functioning" psychopaths,
> >there are two I think are losing their ability to function.
> >I have named them, and applied what I think are the approp-
> >riate psychiatric labels to their behavior.Â
> >**ER. Â I understand the position you are articulating here and
below and you do have a right to your own opinion. Â It's clear that
you feel you are an expert in these matters - case closed. Â
> >People who never question themselves and assume that their reality is
representative of the one true reality and as such, applies to everyone
else on the planet, are impenetrable, completely predictable, and fully
fear-based in their subconscious, from what I've experienced in life.
 Doesn't mean these people don't have interesting things to say now
and again, don't have a sense of humor, and don't deserve to live on the
planet or post on FFL. Â