TM isn't a mindfulness practice in any typical sense of the word used by
meditation practitioners, and by anyone else, for that matter.

 ... other than people who just tack it on and say "TM is mindfuless" without
thinking things through (I've done this myself, so I'm pointing more fingers
inward than outward, here).