On 5/2/2014 2:01 PM, Michael Jackson wrote:
I disagree that TM is mindfullness, and I disagree because of Marshy's intent and belief.

Mindfulness is the practice of awareness, a factor on the path to enlightenment. Mindfulness practice is inherited from the */Buddhist tradition/*. Buddhism makes use of mantras, so by your logic mindfullness is not meditation? Go figure.

This sounds almost exactly like TM:

"When practicing mindfulness, for instance by watching the breath, one must remember to maintain attention on the chosen object of awareness, "faithfully returning back to refocus on that object whenever the mind wanders away from it." - B. Allen Wallace

http://www.mindandlife.org/dialogues/past-conferences/ml18/

---
is active.