On 5/2/2014 1:41 PM, curtisdeltabl...@yahoo.com wrote:
> Getting beyond discursive reasoning seems like a result of most of the
> the things I do with music or exercise so I guess meditation does that
> too. But it is not a rare commodity in my life so I wouldn't meditate
> just for that result.

Music is a meditation - in fact, everything you do is a meditation, if
by meditation you mean thinking things over. What is it exactly, that
you do when you meditate, other than think?

Let's define meditation - I'll go first:

1. Meditation is a practice in which an individual trains the mind or
induces a mode of consciousness, either to realize some benefit or as an
end in itself.

a. The Buddha sits in meditation.
b. He meditated to develop well-being.
c. She closed her eyes to meditate.