On 5/3/2014 4:45 PM, lengli...@cox.net wrote:

Who says I always end up thinking the mantra a second time?

Sometimes I realize that 20 minutes have gone by lost in thought, and that's the end of my meditation.

Not being a teacher of TM but just a common /practitioner/, I think you have to remember to begin the mantra at least once during a meditation. Otherwise you'd just be doing a gross, belly flop and making a splash all over the place.

This happened to me one time - I sat down to meditate and forgot to start my mantra - then about 20 minutes later I woke up and discovered that I had been merely taking a nap. It wasn't unpleasant and I can't remember what I was doing all that time, but it got me to thinking. Go figure.

---
is active.