And so it came to pass that Randolph Peters spake:

>I studied music at Indiana University, a land grant college--a major
>historical governmental support system. Indiana, like any
>university, also relies on donations which gives the donator certain
>tax advantages. The buildings and programs at the university were
>funded by a mix of private money and student's money, but mostly
>government grants.
>
>I earned some of my tuition through summer jobs and teaching
>assistantships, but I also relied on government-sponsored student
>loans and also bursaries and scholarships that had some state money
>in them. My teachers and fellow students also needed similar support
>in their time.

Hey, the Australian Government paid the full cost of my Music Degree
(and everyone else's at the time). Thats the kind of Arts support I
can handle!

David

--

Rocky Road - in Oz

"Fleeing from the Cylon tyranny, the last Battlestar, Galactica,
leads a ragtag, fugitive fleet, on a lonely quest, for a shining
planet known as Earth."