Christopher BJ Smith wrote:

> At 8:06 PM -0400 9/22/02, David W. Fenton wrote:
> >
> >This is straight-out arranging, happening while I do the inputting.
> >Yes, I  do the lyrics last, naturally.
>
> Hmm, doing the lyrics last might be an example of changing one's work
> habits to suit the computer. Often when I am composing to a given set
> of lyrics, I set the lyrics in the measures first, then the rhythms,
> then the noteheads. I can't do this in Finale, as the lyrics always
> have to come AFTER the entries.

Sorry to be so pedantic, but the lyrics don't have to come after _THE_
entries, just after SOME_ entries, so you could define a blank system to
have a meter signature of 1 / 1, run the "convert to real whole notes"
plug in, change the meter to 20 / 1, selecting "rebar music", and type in
your lyrics, assigning the each syllable of the lyrics to a whole rest,
then convert the rests to the rhythms  you uncover in the text by
changing the duration of each rest, and finally add the pitches.

Don't forget to save often.

ns