On 26 Sep 2002 at 9:44, Jari Williamsson wrote:

> David W. Fenton writes:
>
> > To me, Finale assumes wrong -- I *don't* know that at all, because
> > who has time to keep track of how many measures there are in each
> > section? Who cares? Of what use is that information?
>
> You don't need to keep track of the numbers of measures in each section.
> Finale will not display the region number when there are no ambiguities
> where the displayed measure number is. But you can still _enter_ the
> region number, even when Finale will not display it in the box for the
> specific measure. Or you can enter the physical measure number using
> the '#' character.

But the information about which section I'm in is useful as a
display.

Users of my programs would kill me if I displayed something different
to them than what they had to enter to *get* to that place, or if
what displayed was different (even if equivalent) from what they
entered to get there.

I don't see any utility at all in omitting the section number for
measures that fall within a measure number region.

--
David W. Fenton                 |       http://www.bway.net/~dfenton
David Fenton Associates         |       http://www.bway.net/~dfassoc