"I don't see a filter as a solution as it defeats the purpose of how
PSK31 software works. You could be constantly modifying your filter where you
should just be selecting a frequency with your mouse. Since radio is better the
software needs to be better too."

You have to get clever with how you use a digi mode program.

Fldigi has a QSK feature.  This is the silver bullet for using PowerSDR with a
digi mode program.  MixW has a macro called ALIGN that does the same thing.

These "QSY" features, when enabled, changes the radio's VFO frequency to put
the signal of interest in the digi mode waterfall exactly X hertz offset from
the radio's VFO.  For example, I set the offset to 1500 Hz.  Whenever I select
a signal in the digi mode program waterfall and hit QSY, that signal is now
exactly 1500 Hz offset from the radio's VFO frequency.  Since you can take any
signal anywhere on the waterfall and automatically move it so it has a 1500 Hz
offset, you create a series of RX filters of cascading width, centered at 1500
Hz.  Now, whatever RX filter you use, you can always be sure it will be dead
center of your signal of interest; in my case 1500 Hz.  I have RX filters for
digi modes that are 50, 100, 250, 500, 750, 1000, 1500, 2000, and 3000 Hz wide;
all centered at 1500 Hz.  You also do the same with TX profiles and set the TX
filter to be centered at 1500 Hz and have different profiles for different digi
modes.  My PSK TX profile has a 100 Hz TX filter centered at 1500 Hz.  RTTY is
350 Hz wide centered at 1500 Hz.  With this configuration, I never transmit any
of the overtones from digimode programs because my TX filter is optimized for
my digi mode and I can quickly select the RX filter that provide the best S/N
without having to even touch the PowerSDR console to manipulate the filtering.

Read up on the QSY feature.  It is a powerful tool to use.

-Tim