Simon

Dropping the sample rate to 4100 in the PowerSDR set up for VAC
eliminated any Spurs visible in fldigi.

>From quickly reading the VAC documentation I didn't grasp how I would
change the sample rate from 4100 to 4800.
As my primary audio sample rate is 48k I attempted to match the VAC
PowerSDR setting to the same audio sample rate.

So many buffer sizes and in sample rates which can be set in PowerSDR.
I am having a hard time keeping them straight as I learn them.
The driver buffer and sample rate.
The DSP buffers .
The regular audio buffer size and sample rate.
The VAC buffer sample rate and buffer size.

Cheers
Steven

On 02/02/2010 03:08 AM, Simon HB9DRV wrote:
> Yuck!
>
> Looking at your screenshot again - the VAC Control Panel window - you're
> going to have all sorts of rate conversions running, your cables are using
> 44,100 as their sample rate.
>
> I would use a sample rate of 48,000 or 8,000 and *not* have the cable
> running internally at 44,100, essentially keep the same sample rate running
> through the whole process to avoid rate conversions.
>
> Converting 8,000 <=> 48,000 should be clean but converting 44,100 <=> 48,000
> could be messy.
>
> Simon Brown, HB9DRV
> http://sdr-radio.com

 Regards de KC6KGE
"Up all night"
Monitoring at least one of the following Frequencies:
3975, 7181, 14.329, 52.560, 146.550 Simplex tone squelch PL 100 and, 442.950 +
PL 103.5 or 443.900 + PL 100.