On Mon, Feb 1, 2010 at 8:37 PM, Steven L Hess <sh...@bak.rr.com> wrote:
> That was with no RF out it bumps up to about -80 on the display with 17
> watts out displayed under fldigi. DM780 has a spurs too.  -100 on the
> display with 26 watts out on the display at 14.070. -80 on 7.035 with 21
> watts actually on the air.  I guess I am just overly concerned with what
> I can see.
>
> I don't see a filter as a solution as it defeats the purpose of how
> PSK31 software works. You could be constantly modifying your filter
> where you should just be selecting a frequency with your mouse. Since
> radio is better the software needs to be better too.

I use narrow transmit filters with fldigi. The trick is to use the QSY
feature in fldigi to bring the signal to one AF frequency, the "sweet
spot". I set that to be 1500 Hz and then set my RX filter (and TX
filter) around that. Click tune the desired signal and then hit the
QSY button.

Actually I have taking to doing the click tuning using the waterfall
in PowerSDR instead of in fldigi. With the DIGU offset set to the
"sweet spot" (1500Hz), I just click on the signal in PowerSDR and
>POOF< instant copy.

Dave, W1HKJ, has made improvements to the spectral purity of fldigi. I
noticed the same thing you did and pointed it out to him in Oliva. The
extra products are now down substantially (more than 80dB) which is
plenty adequate.

--
73 de Brian, WB6RQN/J79BPL