Good site, and highly useful methinks when the audio gamemaker comes out.
Some of their selections were a bit odd though.

thinking rpg environments, i was looking for some wind sound effects.
Searching under "wind" brought me lots of smashing window sounds, whilst
searching under "weather" got some wonderful rain and thunder effects, but
no wind.

Also, when trying to find ambience for dungeon environments, the only entry
it got me (when I searched under "Tunnels" was an underground train ;D.
Though I would guess that a dungeon environment would be fairly easy to
recreate using the audio game maker's own acoustics, and maybe some dripping
water or burning torche effects for a bit of atmosphere.

Hopefully though, once a community of audio game producers has built up,
there will be a fair library of generic object sounds available to use.
though I don't think it would be right to copy the sounds people create
themselves, specifically for charactors or situations in their own games.

so, taking sod as an example, sounds like the wind, step, and weapon firing
sounds would probably be okay to copy, sinse they're fairly generic objects,
but the monster sounds are unique to sod. If you coppied the mutant human
sound into your own game, for all intents and purposes, your monsters are
then Sod mutant humans, whatever you intend them to be. so if you used the
mutant human sound for an ogre in a fantasy game, it wouldn't actually be an
ogre, imho it'd be more like a sod mutant human pretending to be an ogre.

it would be like cutting the sprites (graffic representations of
charactors), out of one main stream game and coppying them into another, and
in most cases this isn't exactly legal.

Of course, if you were making a sod 2 or something like, you'd need the
mutant human sound to represent mutant humans.

but other than that, i really! don't think coppying the charactor sounds
from other games is a good idea, even if it were legal.

Beware the Grue!

Dark.

charactors),