Well to be honest the best solution is to have an ftp server but as general users probably don't have the cash to afford a remote ftp or have the means to run one without going over their cap or unless spending more on the data it may as well be impossible. Dropbox is good if you share folders as is sendspace, but a local server would be better by far.