Hi Shaun,

Actually, running an FTP server is not all that expensive. If someone
wants to he or she can do it from home using an extra desktop PC and
some open source FTP software. Personally I'd setup a Linux server for
this purpose since I know all the software I need is free and
relatively secure, but it is possible to run an FTP server via Windows
too. If someone has a dynamic I.P. address, which most people do, they
can purchase a virtual domain for that system and run their FTP server
from home. Upload and download speeds will probably suck, but it can
be done fairly cheaply.