120516 Michael Mol wrote:
> On Mon, May 14, 2012 at 10:50 PM, Philip Webb <purs...@ca.inter.net> wrote:
>> I tried Hugin, but got nowhere.  I set  6  points on each picture,
>> which are  2  overlapping parts of a single original negative,
>> but all it offered was a black screen; I did follow the on-line help.
> Hugin can be tricky, especially if you're using the FastGL mode
> in an older version; that mode didn't really work for me until recently.

I'm using the latest testing 2011.4.0 ; I didn't try a "fast" mode.

> The other thing is that you should let its wizard
> automatically add the control points for you.

Ah yes : I set the corresponding points in each half myself,
eg the toe of someone's shoe or the top of the further tram's headlamp.

They're at  http://www.chass.utoronto.ca/~purslow/test/ .

> I'd like to take a shot at stitching them with Hugin.
> I've done hundreds of panoramas and HDR stacks with it.

Please do (smile) & send me the result off-list
with the steps you followed to get there.

SUPPORT     ___________//___,   Philip Webb
ELECTRIC   /] [] [] [] [] []|   Cities Centre, University of Toronto
TRANSIT    `-O----------O---'   purslowatchassdotutorontodotca