Same here, as I once tried implementing the 2007 scratch SDK into the Alien
Swarm code, and ended up going back to 2007 to keep working on programming.

As for Mike, he's probably busy with talking on forums with people who need
help with certain things. And what about Tony Sergi, the guy who created the
scratch SDK in the first place? I understand he has much more community
involvement and would probably have use to make an Alien Swarm scratch mod.