On Tue, 29 Apr 2008 20:38:51 -0700, "Nephyrin Zey" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

(snip)

> Because the game still doesn't support
> multithreading

I'm not so sure.  We are also noticing bad performance, running ONE 24
player server on a dual-core AMD 3800.  I have two monitors, and have
gkrellm running in the top one to check server performance.  At the exact
moment we experience lag in-game, the server is maxing out of both cores.
Normally it runs 60-70% on one core, with the other core doing ~5%.  Even
if the server proper is only one core, SOMETHING the server is doing is
resulting in both cores being used for around 5 seconds every minute or so.

frymaster on behalf of localhost