The concept of RDz is good. Give newbies an IDE which they're used to. Unfortunately for seasoned mainframer's it just doesn't cut it. It's too slow and click this, right click that etc is just stupid when compared to a command line. It's the same concept as a *nix admin prefering the shell to using a GUI. They get so much more value add from using a shell to a GUI. Editors win every time. Check out www.slickedit.com for your COBOL/HLASM to see what a mature editor can do. Compuware have licensed it for their productivity suite. RDz does not come close.