Viksit Gaur wrote:
Hmm..

Just some thoughts..
Suppose my company (i dont work for any, btw :) has
spent a million bucks in developing and promoting a
technology,  would I like it if someone was to develop
something which circumvents my security measures and
possibly eat into or even trivialize my profits?

Suppose you have a million bucks to spend you might want to put that money into developing a security scheme which is not so trival to break.
Plus The hacker is doing you a favor by breaking your scheme and
showing possible flaws in your software, If as a company you decide
to look at it as a "flaw."

As the management in charge of the company, I might
*personally* appreciate original work being done by
hackers and the community in general, but officially?
Arent they just a pain which i'd want to counter ASAP?

I think If I pay for something I should be allow to use It on a platform of my choice. These laws are like, "I will sell you 2 apples (excuse the pun ;) but you can only peel them with Dingo(TM) peelers and then eat. I will sue you if you try to eat 'em raw or use Pingo peelers to peel them."

--
It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to
students that have had prior exposure to BASIC: as potential