On Tue, Sep 23, 2008 at 5:33 PM, Parthan SR <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> Wow, this thread I have been really entertaining to sit back and watch.
> But this is growing out to be something which serves no purpose. Here
> are my few thoughts, though wishing this thread will close soon.
>
> The idea of Coding in Native Languages is not new, a lot of people have
> spoken and may be few even tried one in nook and corners of the world. I
> even remember a similar topic running in one of the Indian GNU/Linux
> Mailing List a few years ago.
>
> On one side, the idea is so welcomed as the requirement of English
> knowledge is sometimes felt as a barrier for development as a majority
> of our population are not that much literate in English. Under such
> consideration, being able to write code, developer softwares with their
> own native language is surely a boon. I don't understand, if such a
> thing is possible, why shouldn't it be welcomed and supported as this
> can be effectively used to create more desi softwares, solving local
> problems and requirements, by people who are at the core of the problem
> or the primary people exposed to it. Scratching ones own itch is better
> than scratching other's itch.
>
> If such a system is possible and being developed, what might be of
> concern is how compatible is it with other systems. We, as one amongst
> the FOSS community, ought to think about developing softwares which can
> be applied in a wide scope (except in case of specialized softwares
> targeting a specific group of people). This means, we need to have a
> facility to code in FOO programming language in BAR native language, but
> being able to compile this code or transform this code into FOOBAR
> native language. To put it simply, if A writes a Python code in Hindi,
> there should be a cross-compiler or such thing which B can use to
> convert the Python code into Tamil or Malayalam so that people in those
> languages can improve the code, which A can take back and compile it
> into Hindi.

lol,
Its not possible,
why you forget about documentation ?? will  documentation be in English
why you forget about variable names??
If I code in hindi, with hindi vaibles, such as "mera_ank" that might not
make any meaning after translation in Telgu.

 -- Try such experiment and tell LFY to publish ---

Here, the concerned Programming Language remains the same
> Python and hence the programmatic idioms and practices remains the
> same.Thus, even when people work in their own languages, the code is
> fully compatible between languages, while the main Programming Language
> being followed is the same.
>
> I still consider this to be a dream, which is totally not impossible but
> would be surprised if this happens in my life time.

Nope,,, It is impossible to revert time...

> I might still stick
> to writing EN code, but at least people might write better software if
> they can do so in their own native language.
>
> When will you guys will agree that a computer language is having its own
syntax. saying pyton in hindi is same as saying Newton's law in Hindi
like in C++ , if we need to define variable  then it will be
*int i ;*
and in Hindawi it will
*purnank aai ;*
How does it matter, by a *technical point of view * you are just rebuilding
the keywords to  make life complex.

writing a code in computer language need some keywords, with logic, native
language is not useful for code writing.

IMHO, a programmer can easily understand these facts.

I will again say, you are diverting new generation to stick/code with local
language.
--
┌───[ Narendra Sisodiya ]──────────────┐
│ http://narendra.techfandu.org │