It's not one or two, and it's not immediate.  This kind of belligerent
zealotry was something I saw frequently over the last few years when I
was putting together the java.net front page every day.  Thing was, as
the Editor, I couldn't publicly express how much I disliked this.
Take a look at Peter Kriens' October 2006 screed "JSR 277 Review"
<http://www.osgi.org/blog/2006/10/jsr-277-review.html>, and my hands-
off summary in the java.net Editor's blog <http://weblogs.java.net/
blog/editors/archives/2006/10/the_bones_of_an.html>.

Not one or two.  Not immediate.  I got sick of these guys years ago,
and I think they hurt the Java community with their behavior (which is
where my analogy to SWT comes from: I think Desktop Java was mortally
wounded by turning the widget set into a damned holy war, when the
bigger problem was probably end-user deployment).

--Chris