Reinier Zwitserloot wrote:
> Where this argument kind of falls down is the personal marketing
> angle. Being responsible for some major java feature is a massive boon
> on your CV. I'm also going to presume for a moment people are a bit
> like me and money is not your only motivator; making your mark on the
> world by making cool stuff people want to use motivates just fine.

But you don't need to put your hands into Java to get a massive boon to
your CV. You can do that also making a neat framework or tool (let's
think of Spring, for instance). I'd say that putting the hands into a
language is one of the hardest things to do, and probably the worse
thing to do for improving a CV from the cost / benefit perspective (with
the exception of very few people). It's much more convenient the way of
frameworks or tools.

Sure, it's not the money the only thing that move use, but no money no
party. :-(

--
Fabrizio Giudici - Java Architect, Project Manager
Tidalwave s.a.s. - "We make Java work. Everywhere."