On Sep 28, 7:39 pm, Richard Vowles <richard.vow...@gmail.com> wrote:
> This entire interview was a cop-out by Alex and Joe. Their argument
> boiled down to "look, Sun open sourced Java and now we don't have to
> do anything".

In no way did Joe or I state or imply that Sun has "open sourced
Java". Sun has open sourced the JDK, its implementation of the Java SE
platform. The Java SE platform continues to be defined by the JCP.
Anyone who proposes changes to the Java language must ultimately
convince the JCP Executive Committee - http://jcp.org/en/participation/committee
- of the importance and quality of their proposal.

I'm pretty sure most listeners would not summarize our comments as
"now we don't have to do anything".

Alex