Calling that type "conservative" is, um, a bit of an
understatement, don't you think"?  A conservative is
someone who wishes to "conserve" - to keep things as
they are.  These people are NOT conservatives - they
are right-wing fanatics - and, when you're dealing
with fanatics, it doesn't matter whether they're
right- or left-wing - a fanatic is a fanatic.  I
usually think of a "conservative" as a moderate type,
hardly what you would call bin Laden OR Jerry Falwell,
who are, to put it mildly, over the top.