She becomes strongly defensive, and seems to
feel her work should not be questioned.
i don't see why it should be questioned. fine to like or not like but the rest is insignificant. why would any of us have the right to question anybody about any art they have produced? there is art I like and art i don't like. i wouldn't have the gall to question those whp roduced the stuff i don't like!
I have always felt that being a critic is the least worthwhile of occupations.
To me Gosford Park was tedious and din't enthrall me one bit. but that is just how it affected me. others loved it. I certainly wouldn't tellthe driector, write or actors that they did a bad job!