I took the test and got 14/23 the first time.

   2.3    Jack has many decisions to make regarding the installation of
          Linux on his machine. Jack is very concerned that he will make
          a mistake because he uses two other operating systems and does
          not wish to loose any data. After careful study Jack has
          discovered some basic but necessary steps for installation of
          any version of Linux. Which of the following MUST be on Jack's
          list of basic steps? (Remember to choose the BEST answer)
          ( ) writing LILO to the MBR
          ( ) Use FIPS to modify a Linux partition
          ( ) copying the OS software
          ( ) creating a new user for the system

  Ok this is just a wording problem.  Copying the OS software will do
jack if you do not have all you data.  Backup the whole harddrive I would
believe.  If you had NT and 98 then you have the CDs you need to backup
you data not OSs.

   3.13    Which one of the following commands would you use to find the
          type of the file?
          ( ) ls < file > -type
          ( ) find < file > -type
          ( ) file < file >
          ( ) All of the above

  Well if you want to know the type of a file type ls < file > -l.  There
answer is "file < file >".  How would this get you the type of file?

   3.6     Which of the following are true about 'cp' and 'ln'. Why?
          ( ) Both create new directory entries in the same disk drive
          volume.
          ( ) Both create new directory entries, but with 'ln' modifying
          one copy also modifies the other copy.
          ( ) The ln -s command is the same the cp command since it
          creates both a directory and a file entry.
   -->    ( ) both a and b

  Well A is not true.  Example cp /dev/hda1 /dev/hdc1.  Or cp test.txt
/mnt/dos/test-on-dos.txt

  so D can not be right.  It should be B

              5.1a     True or False: Man pages are not found in some
                      distributions of Linux?
                      ( ) True
                      (*) False

    I put true here because have anyone download the Linux router project.

go and tell me that is not a dirtributions.

I also agree that there are problems with 3.1b.  And B is fine.

  Also I do not care about history in the test.  Why, will this make me a
better admin?

Enjoy,

Richard

ps: It was nice look at some one else test.  This will help me with LPI
project on what not to do.