Richard Rager wrote:

> I took the test and got 14/23 the first time.
>
>    2.3    Jack has many decisions to make regarding the . . .
>
>   Ok this is just a wording problem.  Copying the OS software will do
> jack if you do not have all you data.  Backup the whole harddrive I would
> believe.  If you had NT and 98 then you have the CDs you need to backup
> you data not OSs.

I think they are meaning to have copy software from install cd to disk,
but the way they have it as an answer is odd.  I agree it is a wording
problem.

>    3.13    Which one of the following commands would you use to find the
>
>   Well if you want to know the type of a file type ls < file > -l.  There
> answer is "file < file >".  How would this get you the type of file?

the question would be more clear if it asked:

   3.13    Which one of the following commands would you use to
determine what
          type of the file my_file is?
          ( ) ls < my_file > -type
          ( ) find < my_file > -type
          ( ) file < my_file >
          ( ) All of the above

Having file < file > is definitely confusing.  The first file is the
file command, and
the second file is the name of the file they are looking at.

>    3.6     Which of the following are true about 'cp' and 'ln'. Why?
>           ( ) Both create new directory entries in the same disk drive
>           volume.
>           ( ) Both create new directory entries, but with 'ln' modifying
>           one copy also modifies the other copy.
>           ( ) The ln -s command is the same the cp command since it
>           creates both a directory and a file entry.
>    -->    ( ) both a and b
>
>   Well A is not true.  Example cp /dev/hda1 /dev/hdc1.  Or cp test.txt
> /mnt/dos/test-on-dos.txt
>
>   so D can not be right.  It should be B

Here again the wording is to blame.  They are asking about the
differences between cp and ln.  Compare what would happen if you cp
myfile1 myfile2 as opposed to ln -s myfile1 myfile2.  No matter where
the myfile1 and myfile2 are located, what is true?  If you look at the
question this way (I know it isn't what is being asked, but I think it
is what was supposed to be asked), D makes sense.

>               5.1a     True or False: Man pages are not found in some
>                       distributions of Linux?
>                       ( ) True
>                       (*) False
>

>     I put true here because have anyone download the Linux router project.
> go and tell me that is not a dirtributions.

This also doesn't take into account all of the possible variants of
Linux.  I could go out tomorrow and create a cd (I'll call it Femix).
It will be a pro-female linux, and will have no man pages (that would be
sexist).  The test would be wrong for some time until the writers found
out about my new distribution, and got around to fixing the test.

Forrest