On Wed, 30 Jun 1999, Forrest Tiffany wrote:

> Richard Rager wrote:
> >

> I think they are meaning to have copy software from install cd to disk,
> but the way they have it as an answer is odd.  I agree it is a wording
> problem.
>
> >    3.13    Which one of the following commands would you use to find the
> >
> >   Well if you want to know the type of a file type ls < file > -l.  There
> > answer is "file < file >".  How would this get you the type of file?
>
> the question would be more clear if it asked:
>
>           ( ) ls < my_file > -type
>
> Having file < file > is definitely confusing.  The first file is the
> file command, and
> the second file is the name of the file they are looking at.

  ls < my_file > -type   will not work on kernal 2.2.5 redhat.

  the kiss way is `ls -l myfile` why put it in greek.

> >   Well A is not true.  Example cp /dev/hda1 /dev/hdc1.  Or cp test.txt
> > /mnt/dos/test-on-dos.txt
> >
> >   so D can not be right.  It should be B
>
> Here again the wording is to blame.  They are asking about the
> differences between cp and ln.  Compare what would happen if you cp
> myfile1 myfile2 as opposed to ln -s myfile1 myfile2.  No matter where
> the myfile1 and myfile2 are located, what is true?  If you look at the
> question this way (I know it isn't what is being asked, but I think it
> is what was supposed to be asked), D makes sense.

  Again bad question.  I should not need to guest the mind of the author.

> >  5.1a     True or False: Man pages are not found in some
> >                       distributions of Linux?

  Again bad question.  We are talk here about not saying the word Redhat
6.0 because it can make the test wrong when 6.1 come out.

  Bad questions need to be fix or not on the test.  Reading the sample I
would not trust the test being vaid.

Enjoy,

Richard