Thanks for the suggestions so far from both James and Wolfgang, but let me
explain in further detail what i'm looking for. The 'thinserver' i'm
creating doesn't have a monitor or keyboard. It has 2 buttons on the front
and a small 2x20 lcd screen. If there is a dhcp server available.. that's
great and i intend to use it. The problem arises when there is no dhcp
server available on the network. All the configuration for the thinserver is
done via a webbased interface. The problem is how do you get that first IP
address configured on the box. Once it has an IP address, then you can
telnet, use the webbased interface, etc. So.. what i need to do is either
create an 'setup' mode on the box to somehow manually configure the IP
address by using the 2 buttons on the front panel or figure out how to set
the ip address from a remote pc on the network. I'd rather do the later if i
can figure out how to do it.

-Andy