Hi All,

It seems i've sparked a discussion here.. Thanks for fighting the fight for
me Michael :)

Okay.. here is the scenerio..

A sales person takes our 'blackbox' to an office. A requirement is they have
a network and an internet connection. The salesman plugs up the blackbox. If
there is a dhcp server available... hooray! Got the ip address. If there
isn't.. then what?? The device has no keyboard or monitor. Okay.. the
'non-technical' salesman will now have to unplug the box, insert a crossover
cable between his laptop and the device to go to a known ip address to set
the default configuration.. Now you have to make sure every salesman carries
a laptop, which could get very expensive. Better idea.. Use a computer that
is already there attached to their network to push an ip address on to the
box. Once it has this ip address, go to http://the.ip.address.s. and
continue with the configuration.

-Andy