Here is a simple solution:

Set the IP to a known non-routable address like 192.168.1.1 by default.
This can be done once by a special power up sequence (button pressed
at power up).

Then you can connect via telnet or the web server and change it to
whatever you like.

JLL

--
Jean-Luc Lachance                   |mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Action Telematique Inc              |   tel:(450)375-9782