Shachar Shemesh wrote:
Gilad Ben-Yossef wrote:

You don't need to be next to the system. Log in via SSH or similar and run:

# asterisk -rvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

This will connect you to the asterisk console remotely AND increase the debug level.
Will it also pick up the physical extension and dial "9"?

Yes, if you ask it nicely:

pbx*CLI> originate ZAP/1 [EMAIL PROTECTED]

But this will probably be more useful:

pbx*CLI> originate ZAP/g3 application echo

Then again, it seems like a lightening has striked my firewall (or some such problem), because my office VPN seems totally down. At least the PBX still answers the phone, so that was not hurt.

Write a small AGI script to reboot the firewall if offered the right password? :-)

Gilad