Hi, some nitpicking:

On Wed, Jan 30, 2008 at 12:00:27PM +0200, Gilad Ben-Yossef wrote:
> Shachar Shemesh wrote:
> >Gilad Ben-Yossef wrote:
> >

> >>You don't need to be next to the system. Log in via SSH or similar and
> >>run:
> >>
> >># asterisk -rvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
> >>
> >>This will connect you to the asterisk console remotely AND increase
> >>the debug level.
> >Will it also pick up the physical extension and dial "9"?
>
> Yes, if you ask it nicely:
>
> pbx*CLI> originate ZAP/1 [EMAIL PROTECTED]

  originate ZAP/1 extension [EMAIL PROTECTED]

This will ring the phone. And when the phone has answered will call the
second leg of the call.

> But this will probably be more useful:
>
> pbx*CLI> originate ZAP/g3 application echo
>

> >Then again, it seems like a lightening has striked my firewall (or some
> >such problem), because my office VPN seems totally down. At least the
> >PBX still answers the phone, so that was not hurt.
>
> Write a small AGI script to reboot the firewall if offered the right
> password? :-)

Even without an agi script:

Add the following extension to your IVR:

exten => 11123467890293959697934,1,System(somescript)

This number should include both a constant part and a variable part
("passphrase"). Alternatively, use a saner number and Read .

Note that if you want to dial from a standard phone you must use an
all-numbers password. Maybe you can use '#' and '*', but bad things can
happen to them. I don't know about A, B, C, and D (if you happen to
carry on you a dialer that can generate those tones).

--
Tzafrir Cohen         | [EMAIL PROTECTED] | VIM is
[EMAIL PROTECTED] |                    |  best