Gilad Ben-Yossef wrote:

Then again, it seems like a lightening has striked my firewall (or some such problem), because my office VPN seems totally down. At least the PBX still answers the phone, so that was not hurt.

Write a small AGI script to reboot the firewall if offered the right password? :-)
Tell you what. I'll pay whatever hourly rate you ask for if you give me the source to an AGI script to resurrect a toasted firewall. The methods I know involve tweaking wires to find out what's wrong, and sometimes even replacing fried components.

Gilad
Shachar