On Fri Oct 18 10:26:57 2002, Nicholas Clark wrote:

> However, it is a moderately long walk from the nearest underground station.
> (it's managed to pick a sweet spot (a bitter spot?) moderately equidistant
> from three underground stations, so it's certainly an above average
> distance)

> It is approaching one of the less nice parts of central London, sufficient
> for one london.pm member's wife to insist that he doesn't go there.

What's wrong with that area?  Should I avoid it?
Are there other parts of central London that I should maybe avoid?

I'm staying 10 minutes walk away from the Calthorpe Arms, close to
Russell Square tube station.

I've noticed 2 safe-looking pubs very close to Russell Square: I'll
check them out, but I've no idea what you all consider good features of
a pub.

--
Marty