Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:

> In the document popup, you have something called 'Extra Options'. You
> can put explicit options there, like 'fleqn'. Of course, this option
> should be accessible from the popup, but somehow it got forgotten.

     Oh I see.  Thank you.  But I think I would stick back to
\displaystyle :-) because once this option is used, there's no more
centred display mode.

> If you add to your lyxrc
> \bind "M-m M-d" "math-insert displaystyle"
> then the key sequence M-m M-d will do what you want. However,
> displaystyle will be displayed in red (but invisible after you save
> and reload the file %-|).

     Thanks.  That's not a problem that they're displayed in red.  To the
contrary, I'd like them to stay there forever :) because it's the only
way to show this particular hidden information in current version.

> I agree that the handling of displaystyle is a bit strange currently.

     I just created the file, ~/.lyx/lyxrc which contains only this line
for \displaystyle.  On the other hand, I've previously got a
/usr/share/lyx/lyxrc file as system-wide config.  As soon as I run LyX, I
notice that contents of /usr/share/lyx/lyxrc are ignored because other
configurations are lost.  But isn't it better that first of all LyX loads
from /usr/share/lyx/lyxrc system-wide config, and then from ~/.lyx/lyxrc
user's particular config?  Otherwise, how do we setup system-wide
config?  Using this mechanism, of course, every user is supposed to put
only necessary config lines in his file but not the whole file copied
from /usr/share/lyx/lyxrc.

     An ideal solution is that everything inside lyxrc is configurable
through LyX's interface.  In this way, LyX could determine what should be
written to ~/.lyx/lyxrc.