Dan Frakes wrote:

> As for isolation, the Etymotics block more external noise than *any*
> over-the-ear headphone in the world, hands down. Etymotic Research is famous
> for three things: 1) high-end hearing aids; 2) noise isolation devices; and
> 3) high-end headphones. Their headphones are produced using the R&D from
> their other products.

For me headphones are only for "desperate listening".   In other words places
were it is totally impossible to have a full speaker system.

Sound is not just heard with your ears, it is felt by your whole body.  I feel
that you and your entire body should be enveloped in sound.  You just can't do
do that with headphones.

Larry