OK Don wrote:

> Or for 300k miles -----

Finn superturbos are said to last just as long as stockers, unless
of course they blow up. The more extreme cases (like Sammuli's 333hp
OM602) are disassembled, blueprinted, and ceramic insulated.
Most of these guys make very sparing use of the extreme horsepower,
and get rather shocking mpg in normal driving, frequently claiming
35-40 mpg for auto tranny W124s with six cylinder engines.

Mauri H. is building one for sale right now, OM606, ceramic coated
pistons and head, special connecting rods, high strength bolts in the
crank bearing caps, etc. He's asking about $11k for it. If I had the
foresight to buy that enginless AMG Hammer that Alain was trying to give
away a couple of years ago, I'd be tempted to buy Mauri's engine. I'd
rather have $15k tied up in a 500hp diesel Hammer than a run of the mill
500E. (or worse yet, a brand new Ford Focus or Nissan Versa)
http://www.fantasycars.com/sedans/HTML/mercedes_300e_amg_hammer_w124.html