Robin Berjon wrote:

> On Wednesday 14 November 2001 17:48, Antoine Quint wrote:
>
>>>   If you[1] don't like the way the site is now,
>>>   don't bitch about it but change it completing the challenge.
>>>
>>Well, I'd be up to having a crack at it... Would you be ok publishing
>>the site with AxKit? Coding websites with it is so easy!
>>
>>Robin, are you with me on that one?
>
> Hehe. I don't think you've made many friends here today ;-)

See, Robin is afraid of the angry crowd ;-) You have to hide now ;-)

> Stas has chosen another solution, based on TT2. In a private discussion with
> him, he said that it should be trivial to get that system to export XML,
> which we could then import into another site (perhaps take23.org ?) so that
> we could have an AxKit based mirror of the site, with all the cool stuff us
> XML froods love.

Currently the rendering engine is not tied very tightly to the code, so
once you come up with whatever other rendering engine you prefer we will
generalize things and support it directly, and any other rendering
engines that may be added in the future.

I needed to get things done so I moved on with TT2 for the site
generation, since I know it and it's a great toolkit. By all means do
check the project out, see how you can put your expertise in and have
everybody happy.

My point is still that design has nothing to do with whether you do it
with template toolkit, xml or what not. If it really prevents you from
submitting your design, just send it in whatever way you prefer. It'll
make be hard to integrate it then, but I hope that will be do-able.

But let's move this discussion to the docset mailing list.

mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]  http://ticketmaster.com http://apacheweek.com